Jun 4, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Two games off the disabled list, two home runs for Jose Abreu. All the dude does it hit bombs.
Abreu went yard for the second straight game against the Dodgers last night, finishing 2 for 4 with three RBI. Abreu has 17 homers in 46 games, which ties Wally Berger’s rookie mark. He’s currently on pace for 46 homers and 127 RBI. Someone needs to figure out how to get him to hit the ball on the ground because, at the moment, he hits homers on 40.5% of his fly balls. Which is pretty darn high.
Not bad for a dude who just spent several weeks on the DL with ankle tendinitis.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)