Jun 4, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
Two games off the disabled list, two home runs for Jose Abreu. All the dude does it hit bombs.
Abreu went yard for the second straight game against the Dodgers last night, finishing 2 for 4 with three RBI. Abreu has 17 homers in 46 games, which ties Wally Berger’s rookie mark. He’s currently on pace for 46 homers and 127 RBI. Someone needs to figure out how to get him to hit the ball on the ground because, at the moment, he hits homers on 40.5% of his fly balls. Which is pretty darn high.
Not bad for a dude who just spent several weeks on the DL with ankle tendinitis.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 45
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 133
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 22
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (134)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)