Jun 4, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Two games off the disabled list, two home runs for Jose Abreu. All the dude does it hit bombs.
Abreu went yard for the second straight game against the Dodgers last night, finishing 2 for 4 with three RBI. Abreu has 17 homers in 46 games, which ties Wally Berger’s rookie mark. He’s currently on pace for 46 homers and 127 RBI. Someone needs to figure out how to get him to hit the ball on the ground because, at the moment, he hits homers on 40.5% of his fly balls. Which is pretty darn high.
Not bad for a dude who just spent several weeks on the DL with ankle tendinitis.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8