Jun 4, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Two games off the disabled list, two home runs for Jose Abreu. All the dude does it hit bombs.
Abreu went yard for the second straight game against the Dodgers last night, finishing 2 for 4 with three RBI. Abreu has 17 homers in 46 games, which ties Wally Berger’s rookie mark. He’s currently on pace for 46 homers and 127 RBI. Someone needs to figure out how to get him to hit the ball on the ground because, at the moment, he hits homers on 40.5% of his fly balls. Which is pretty darn high.
Not bad for a dude who just spent several weeks on the DL with ankle tendinitis.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)