Jun 4, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Two games off the disabled list, two home runs for Jose Abreu. All the dude does it hit bombs.
Abreu went yard for the second straight game against the Dodgers last night, finishing 2 for 4 with three RBI. Abreu has 17 homers in 46 games, which ties Wally Berger’s rookie mark. He’s currently on pace for 46 homers and 127 RBI. Someone needs to figure out how to get him to hit the ball on the ground because, at the moment, he hits homers on 40.5% of his fly balls. Which is pretty darn high.
Not bad for a dude who just spent several weeks on the DL with ankle tendinitis.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)