Jun 4, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle has the news …
“Cain is good to go.”
So said manager Bruce Bochy, asked whether Matt Cain will start against the Mets as hoped when the Giants return home Friday night.
Cain threw a 70-pitch bullpen session and felt no pain in his right hamstring, an injury that has cost him two starts and landed him on the disabled list.
The Giants’ backup option for Friday was Yusmeiro Petit, who will return to long relief. Cain boasts a 3.66 ERA and 1.22 WHIP in 46 2/3 innings (eight starts) this season for first-place San Francisco.
The 29-year-old right-hander initially injured his right hamstring on May 21 at Coors Field.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)