Jun 4, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Max Scherzer was doing the USA Today crossword puzzle — or someone else was doing it and showed it to him — and he came across a clue about himself: “Max Scherzer’s Pride.” He didn’t agree with the actual answer, which was “arm” —
— Max Scherzer (@Max_Scherzer) June 3, 2014
Maybe that would work for the New York Times crossword, Max. But this is USA Today, and they’re just not going to go with acronyms for a physical trait most people wouldn’t know by name.
Also: no one is gonna let a crossword answer to the clue about some dude’s pride be “DIC” because there are a lot of immature people in this world and they wouldn’t be adults about that kind of thing.
Present company included.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)