Jun 4, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Max Scherzer was doing the USA Today crossword puzzle — or someone else was doing it and showed it to him — and he came across a clue about himself: “Max Scherzer’s Pride.” He didn’t agree with the actual answer, which was “arm” –
— Max Scherzer (@Max_Scherzer) June 3, 2014
Maybe that would work for the New York Times crossword, Max. But this is USA Today, and they’re just not going to go with acronyms for a physical trait most people wouldn’t know by name.
Also: no one is gonna let a crossword answer to the clue about some dude’s pride be “DIC” because there are a lot of immature people in this world and they wouldn’t be adults about that kind of thing.
Present company included.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8