Jun 4, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
Max Scherzer was doing the USA Today crossword puzzle — or someone else was doing it and showed it to him — and he came across a clue about himself: “Max Scherzer’s Pride.” He didn’t agree with the actual answer, which was “arm” —
— Max Scherzer (@Max_Scherzer) June 3, 2014
Maybe that would work for the New York Times crossword, Max. But this is USA Today, and they’re just not going to go with acronyms for a physical trait most people wouldn’t know by name.
Also: no one is gonna let a crossword answer to the clue about some dude’s pride be “DIC” because there are a lot of immature people in this world and they wouldn’t be adults about that kind of thing.
Present company included.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)