Jun 4, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Max Scherzer was doing the USA Today crossword puzzle — or someone else was doing it and showed it to him — and he came across a clue about himself: “Max Scherzer’s Pride.” He didn’t agree with the actual answer, which was “arm” —
— Max Scherzer (@Max_Scherzer) June 3, 2014
Maybe that would work for the New York Times crossword, Max. But this is USA Today, and they’re just not going to go with acronyms for a physical trait most people wouldn’t know by name.
Also: no one is gonna let a crossword answer to the clue about some dude’s pride be “DIC” because there are a lot of immature people in this world and they wouldn’t be adults about that kind of thing.
Present company included.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 0
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 49
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)