Jun 4, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Alexi Ogando is headed to the disabled list with elbow inflammation after posting a 6.84 ERA in 25 innings this season.
Prior to this season Ogando always thrived for the Rangers no matter whether they used him as a starter or a reliever, with year-by-year ERAs of 1.30, 3.51, 3.27, and 3.11. However, this year he coughed up 19 runs and walked 15 batters in 25 innings.
Obviously elbow problems would help explain Ogando’s season-long struggles, but he complained of the soreness Tuesday after allowing three runs in one-third of an inning against the Orioles.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 70
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)