Jun 4, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Rangers right-hander Alexi Ogando is headed to the disabled list with elbow inflammation after posting a 6.84 ERA in 25 innings this season.
Prior to this season Ogando always thrived for the Rangers no matter whether they used him as a starter or a reliever, with year-by-year ERAs of 1.30, 3.51, 3.27, and 3.11. However, this year he coughed up 19 runs and walked 15 batters in 25 innings.
Obviously elbow problems would help explain Ogando’s season-long struggles, but he complained of the soreness Tuesday after allowing three runs in one-third of an inning against the Orioles.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 8
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 15
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)