Jun 4, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Alexi Ogando is headed to the disabled list with elbow inflammation after posting a 6.84 ERA in 25 innings this season.
Prior to this season Ogando always thrived for the Rangers no matter whether they used him as a starter or a reliever, with year-by-year ERAs of 1.30, 3.51, 3.27, and 3.11. However, this year he coughed up 19 runs and walked 15 batters in 25 innings.
Obviously elbow problems would help explain Ogando’s season-long struggles, but he complained of the soreness Tuesday after allowing three runs in one-third of an inning against the Orioles.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 11
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 46
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 49
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 44
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)