Jun 4, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Alexi Ogando is headed to the disabled list with elbow inflammation after posting a 6.84 ERA in 25 innings this season.
Prior to this season Ogando always thrived for the Rangers no matter whether they used him as a starter or a reliever, with year-by-year ERAs of 1.30, 3.51, 3.27, and 3.11. However, this year he coughed up 19 runs and walked 15 batters in 25 innings.
Obviously elbow problems would help explain Ogando’s season-long struggles, but he complained of the soreness Tuesday after allowing three runs in one-third of an inning against the Orioles.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)