Jun 4, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Rangers right-hander Alexi Ogando is headed to the disabled list with elbow inflammation after posting a 6.84 ERA in 25 innings this season.
Prior to this season Ogando always thrived for the Rangers no matter whether they used him as a starter or a reliever, with year-by-year ERAs of 1.30, 3.51, 3.27, and 3.11. However, this year he coughed up 19 runs and walked 15 batters in 25 innings.
Obviously elbow problems would help explain Ogando’s season-long struggles, but he complained of the soreness Tuesday after allowing three runs in one-third of an inning against the Orioles.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)