Jun 4, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Alfredo Aceves‘ second stint with the Yankees was a short one, as the veteran right-hander has been designated for assignment after throwing 19 innings for New York.
Aceves posted a 6.52 ERA with six homers allowed to earn the demotion, although his 16/4 K/BB ratio was very good. He’s still just 31 years old, but Aceves has a 5.39 ERA in 140 innings dating back to 2012 and his reputation as a semi-crazy person probably won’t help him keep another gig.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 35
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)