Jun 5, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
The MLB Draft has long seemed to be a key moment for Kendrys Morales, and with agent Scott Boras recently declining to OK the Yankees’ request to wait a few days while they monitor the progress of Carlos Beltran and especially Mark Teixeira before Morales signs, indications are that the free agent will likely find a new home within the next day or two.
Heyman says the Yankees, Brewers and Mariners are the most likely destinations for the 1B/DH. I’m sure that when he signs we’ll hear from him about it first.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)