Jun 5, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Just when Mat Latos‘ rehab had progressed to the point that he was on the verge of making his season debut with the Reds now he might be sidetracked by a new injury.
Latos, who’s coming back from a flexor mass strain that followed a spring training knee injury, had to leave Wednesday’s rehab start at Triple-A early due to a calf strain. According to his wife’s Twitter post it’s a minor injury, but considering how many setbacks Latos has experienced already this season there’s always room to worry.
Calf cramped up. From what I understand they took him out as an extreme precaution. Nothing serious. (gonna go breathe now)
— Dallas Latos (@DallasLatos) June 5, 2014
It was Latos’ third rehab start and he was supposed to throw 90-100 pitches, so if the calf problem indeed proves to be a non-issue he should be very close to coming off the disabled list.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)