Jun 5, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Just when Mat Latos‘ rehab had progressed to the point that he was on the verge of making his season debut with the Reds now he might be sidetracked by a new injury.
Latos, who’s coming back from a flexor mass strain that followed a spring training knee injury, had to leave Wednesday’s rehab start at Triple-A early due to a calf strain. According to his wife’s Twitter post it’s a minor injury, but considering how many setbacks Latos has experienced already this season there’s always room to worry.
Calf cramped up. From what I understand they took him out as an extreme precaution. Nothing serious. (gonna go breathe now)
— Dallas Latos (@DallasLatos) June 5, 2014
It was Latos’ third rehab start and he was supposed to throw 90-100 pitches, so if the calf problem indeed proves to be a non-issue he should be very close to coming off the disabled list.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 21
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 28
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)