Jun 5, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Just when Mat Latos‘ rehab had progressed to the point that he was on the verge of making his season debut with the Reds now he might be sidetracked by a new injury.
Latos, who’s coming back from a flexor mass strain that followed a spring training knee injury, had to leave Wednesday’s rehab start at Triple-A early due to a calf strain. According to his wife’s Twitter post it’s a minor injury, but considering how many setbacks Latos has experienced already this season there’s always room to worry.
Calf cramped up. From what I understand they took him out as an extreme precaution. Nothing serious. (gonna go breathe now)
— Dallas Latos (@DallasLatos) June 5, 2014
It was Latos’ third rehab start and he was supposed to throw 90-100 pitches, so if the calf problem indeed proves to be a non-issue he should be very close to coming off the disabled list.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)