Jun 5, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Just when Mat Latos‘ rehab had progressed to the point that he was on the verge of making his season debut with the Reds now he might be sidetracked by a new injury.
Latos, who’s coming back from a flexor mass strain that followed a spring training knee injury, had to leave Wednesday’s rehab start at Triple-A early due to a calf strain. According to his wife’s Twitter post it’s a minor injury, but considering how many setbacks Latos has experienced already this season there’s always room to worry.
Calf cramped up. From what I understand they took him out as an extreme precaution. Nothing serious. (gonna go breathe now)
— Dallas Latos (@DallasLatos) June 5, 2014
It was Latos’ third rehab start and he was supposed to throw 90-100 pitches, so if the calf problem indeed proves to be a non-issue he should be very close to coming off the disabled list.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 11
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 35
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 185
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (185)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)