Mat Latos’ wife says his latest injury is no big deal

Jun 5, 2014, 12:40 PM EST

mat latos reds getty Getty Images

Just when Mat Latos‘ rehab had progressed to the point that he was on the verge of making his season debut with the Reds now he might be sidetracked by a new injury.

Latos, who’s coming back from a flexor mass strain that followed a spring training knee injury, had to leave Wednesday’s rehab start at Triple-A early due to a calf strain. According to his wife’s Twitter post it’s a minor injury, but considering how many setbacks Latos has experienced already this season there’s always room to worry.

It was Latos’ third rehab start and he was supposed to throw 90-100 pitches, so if the calf problem indeed proves to be a non-issue he should be very close to coming off the disabled list.

1. gdobs227 - Jun 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Remember when his old lady got all boozed up and got into a brawl at PNC Park then threatened to sue half the population of Pittsburgh? Wonder what ever became of that.

• okwhitefalcon - Jun 5, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Dallas Latos has officially been named Reds “Mistress of Propaganda”.

2. metalhead65 - Jun 5, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I will believe it is nothing serious about it when he is on the mound pitching for the reds going more than 3 innings before having to be taken out again. we have been hearing it is nothing serious since had surgery in Feb. and then again in spring training when hey said it was nothing serious. it will be July before he takes the mound for the reds at the earliest if then.

3. imnotyourbuddyguy - Jun 5, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Don’t tell me I might have to start following Dallas Latos on twitter now?
    She just provided more worthwhile information than Jon Heyman has in years

4. scorpiox1960 - Jun 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM

When she says “gonna go breathe now”, what she really means is I can still keep all my credit cards.

5. El Bravo - Jun 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Thanks, Mrs. Latos.

6. whitdog23 - Jun 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM

how about some reporting on the 67 pitches he threw? that will tell you if he’s ready to come back

• cinfante54 - Jun 5, 2014 at 1:55 PM

5 innings, 6 hits, 3 k. 67 pitchers, 44 for strikes. My guess is his body is still getting used to running the bases as he had a double. Should be fine.

• cinfante54 - Jun 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Ugh, pitches*

7. ch0psuey - Jun 5, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Dallas Lato’s has got some bad rap but she’s a good cat, have had some back n’ forth on twitter with her.

• ch0psuey - Jun 5, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Latos’ ?

• stlouis1baseball - Jun 5, 2014 at 3:10 PM

She’s a good “cat?”
      I can tell you that is the first time I have ever heard someone refer to a female as a “cat.”
      I have heard…”he’s a cool cat.”
      I have heard…”he ain’t a bad cat.”
      I have heard (when speaking to a dude)…”what’s up cat?”
      Never, have I heard it when speaking to (or referencing) a Women.

As they say…you learn something new every day.

• ch0psuey - Jun 5, 2014 at 6:25 PM

I didn’t know it was gender specific. But thanks for all the interesting quotes.

• stlouis1baseball - Jun 9, 2014 at 1:17 PM

I hear you Suey. And based upon the thumbs down I received…I am apparently the only person who thinks it is gender specific!

8. chinahand11 - Jun 5, 2014 at 3:35 PM

She stands by her man at least, and I don’t care for the dude.

9. glennsyank13 - Jun 5, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Her name is Dallas?

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (4104)