Jun 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Trout didn’t play Saturday or Sunday and made it through just one at-bat on Monday before exiting due to renewed stiffness in his back. While he was held out of the lineup again last night, an MRI showed only inflammation and no structural damage. He’ll be eased back into things tonight as the designated hitter.
Trout, 22, is batting .293/.379/.546 with 11 home runs, 38 RBI, and five stolen bases over 55 games this season.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (226)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)