Jun 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Trout didn’t play Saturday or Sunday and made it through just one at-bat on Monday before exiting due to renewed stiffness in his back. While he was held out of the lineup again last night, an MRI showed only inflammation and no structural damage. He’ll be eased back into things tonight as the designated hitter.
Trout, 22, is batting .293/.379/.546 with 11 home runs, 38 RBI, and five stolen bases over 55 games this season.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)