Jun 5, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The Rockies raised some eyebrows over the winter when they gave reliever Boone Logan a three-year, $16.5 million contract and now he’s headed to the disabled list with left elbow inflammation.
According to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post, Logan has been pitching through some discomfort “for a while.” The results haven’t been good. After beginning the season on the DL following October surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow, the 29-year-old has posted a 5.87 ERA over 21 appearances. He has allowed four home runs in just 15 1/3 innings. It’s not a Coors Field issue either, as all four have been on the road.
Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports that an MRI ruled out structural damage in Logan’s elbow, so the news could be worse. Still, the early returns on the contract aren’t good.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)