Jun 5, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The Rockies raised some eyebrows over the winter when they gave reliever Boone Logan a three-year, $16.5 million contract and now he’s headed to the disabled list with left elbow inflammation.
According to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post, Logan has been pitching through some discomfort “for a while.” The results haven’t been good. After beginning the season on the DL following October surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow, the 29-year-old has posted a 5.87 ERA over 21 appearances. He has allowed four home runs in just 15 1/3 innings. It’s not a Coors Field issue either, as all four have been on the road.
Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports that an MRI ruled out structural damage in Logan’s elbow, so the news could be worse. Still, the early returns on the contract aren’t good.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 7
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 92
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (93)