Jun 5, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The Rockies raised some eyebrows over the winter when they gave reliever Boone Logan a three-year, $16.5 million contract and now he’s headed to the disabled list with left elbow inflammation.
According to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post, Logan has been pitching through some discomfort “for a while.” The results haven’t been good. After beginning the season on the DL following October surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow, the 29-year-old has posted a 5.87 ERA over 21 appearances. He has allowed four home runs in just 15 1/3 innings. It’s not a Coors Field issue either, as all four have been on the road.
Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports that an MRI ruled out structural damage in Logan’s elbow, so the news could be worse. Still, the early returns on the contract aren’t good.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)