Jun 5, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The Rockies raised some eyebrows over the winter when they gave reliever Boone Logan a three-year, $16.5 million contract and now he’s headed to the disabled list with left elbow inflammation.
According to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post, Logan has been pitching through some discomfort “for a while.” The results haven’t been good. After beginning the season on the DL following October surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow, the 29-year-old has posted a 5.87 ERA over 21 appearances. He has allowed four home runs in just 15 1/3 innings. It’s not a Coors Field issue either, as all four have been on the road.
Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports that an MRI ruled out structural damage in Logan’s elbow, so the news could be worse. Still, the early returns on the contract aren’t good.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 37
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)