Jun 5, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Tanner Scheppers was shut down with an elbow injury after allowing 20 runs in 18 innings in his move into the Rangers’ rotation, but now the right-hander is off the disabled list and … back in the bullpen.
Texas made Scheppers the Opening Day starter with zero career starts under his belt, but now the Rangers will hope they can wipe away that bad memory and allow him to resume thriving as a reliever. Scheppers had a 1.88 ERA in 77 innings out of the bullpen last season, although he’s said all along that he’d rather be in the rotation.
He posted a 9.82 ERA in four starts while showing decreased velocity.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)