Jun 5, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Tanner Scheppers was shut down with an elbow injury after allowing 20 runs in 18 innings in his move into the Rangers’ rotation, but now the right-hander is off the disabled list and … back in the bullpen.
Texas made Scheppers the Opening Day starter with zero career starts under his belt, but now the Rangers will hope they can wipe away that bad memory and allow him to resume thriving as a reliever. Scheppers had a 1.88 ERA in 77 innings out of the bullpen last season, although he’s said all along that he’d rather be in the rotation.
He posted a 9.82 ERA in four starts while showing decreased velocity.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)