Jun 5, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Tanner Scheppers was shut down with an elbow injury after allowing 20 runs in 18 innings in his move into the Rangers’ rotation, but now the right-hander is off the disabled list and … back in the bullpen.
Texas made Scheppers the Opening Day starter with zero career starts under his belt, but now the Rangers will hope they can wipe away that bad memory and allow him to resume thriving as a reliever. Scheppers had a 1.88 ERA in 77 innings out of the bullpen last season, although he’s said all along that he’d rather be in the rotation.
He posted a 9.82 ERA in four starts while showing decreased velocity.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 0
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 27
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)