Jun 5, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Tanner Scheppers was shut down with an elbow injury after allowing 20 runs in 18 innings in his move into the Rangers’ rotation, but now the right-hander is off the disabled list and … back in the bullpen.
Texas made Scheppers the Opening Day starter with zero career starts under his belt, but now the Rangers will hope they can wipe away that bad memory and allow him to resume thriving as a reliever. Scheppers had a 1.88 ERA in 77 innings out of the bullpen last season, although he’s said all along that he’d rather be in the rotation.
He posted a 9.82 ERA in four starts while showing decreased velocity.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)