Jun 5, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Tanner Scheppers was shut down with an elbow injury after allowing 20 runs in 18 innings in his move into the Rangers’ rotation, but now the right-hander is off the disabled list and … back in the bullpen.
Texas made Scheppers the Opening Day starter with zero career starts under his belt, but now the Rangers will hope they can wipe away that bad memory and allow him to resume thriving as a reliever. Scheppers had a 1.88 ERA in 77 innings out of the bullpen last season, although he’s said all along that he’d rather be in the rotation.
He posted a 9.82 ERA in four starts while showing decreased velocity.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20