Jun 5, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports has obtained the memo which is sent to teams and agents outlining the way teams, players and their “advisors” can and cannot communicate before the draft. As Passan notes, it’s a total joke of a sham wrapped in a facade. It’s contradictory, divorced from reality and prohibits certain behavior couched in one set of terms while totally allowing the same basic behavior if couched in different terms. Go check it out.
It’s pushing so close to a basic free-for-all, they may as well just make it one.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 66
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 25
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)