Jun 5, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports has obtained the memo which is sent to teams and agents outlining the way teams, players and their “advisors” can and cannot communicate before the draft. As Passan notes, it’s a total joke of a sham wrapped in a facade. It’s contradictory, divorced from reality and prohibits certain behavior couched in one set of terms while totally allowing the same basic behavior if couched in different terms. Go check it out.
It’s pushing so close to a basic free-for-all, they may as well just make it one.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)