Jun 5, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports has obtained the memo which is sent to teams and agents outlining the way teams, players and their “advisors” can and cannot communicate before the draft. As Passan notes, it’s a total joke of a sham wrapped in a facade. It’s contradictory, divorced from reality and prohibits certain behavior couched in one set of terms while totally allowing the same basic behavior if couched in different terms. Go check it out.
It’s pushing so close to a basic free-for-all, they may as well just make it one.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 17
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 19
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 30
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)