Jun 5, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports has obtained the memo which is sent to teams and agents outlining the way teams, players and their “advisors” can and cannot communicate before the draft. As Passan notes, it’s a total joke of a sham wrapped in a facade. It’s contradictory, divorced from reality and prohibits certain behavior couched in one set of terms while totally allowing the same basic behavior if couched in different terms. Go check it out.
It’s pushing so close to a basic free-for-all, they may as well just make it one.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)