Jun 5, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports has obtained the memo which is sent to teams and agents outlining the way teams, players and their “advisors” can and cannot communicate before the draft. As Passan notes, it’s a total joke of a sham wrapped in a facade. It’s contradictory, divorced from reality and prohibits certain behavior couched in one set of terms while totally allowing the same basic behavior if couched in different terms. Go check it out.
It’s pushing so close to a basic free-for-all, they may as well just make it one.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)