Jun 5, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Carlos Beltran is back from the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with bone spurs in his right elbow and to make room for his return the Yankees designated infielder Scott Sizemore for assignment.
Beltran was off to a slow start before being shut down in mid-May, hitting just .234 with five homers and a .715 OPS in 33 games.
He’s returning now without having undergone surgery to remove the bone spurs from his elbow, which means Beltran could have further issues with the injury and eventually deciding on surgery remains a possibility. Not a great situation for a 37-year-old in the first season of a three-year, $45 million contract.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)