Jun 5, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Carlos Beltran is back from the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with bone spurs in his right elbow and to make room for his return the Yankees designated infielder Scott Sizemore for assignment.
Beltran was off to a slow start before being shut down in mid-May, hitting just .234 with five homers and a .715 OPS in 33 games.
He’s returning now without having undergone surgery to remove the bone spurs from his elbow, which means Beltran could have further issues with the injury and eventually deciding on surgery remains a possibility. Not a great situation for a 37-year-old in the first season of a three-year, $45 million contract.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)