Jun 5, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Carlos Beltran is back from the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with bone spurs in his right elbow and to make room for his return the Yankees designated infielder Scott Sizemore for assignment.
Beltran was off to a slow start before being shut down in mid-May, hitting just .234 with five homers and a .715 OPS in 33 games.
He’s returning now without having undergone surgery to remove the bone spurs from his elbow, which means Beltran could have further issues with the injury and eventually deciding on surgery remains a possibility. Not a great situation for a 37-year-old in the first season of a three-year, $45 million contract.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 9
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)