Jun 5, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Carlos Beltran is back from the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with bone spurs in his right elbow and to make room for his return the Yankees designated infielder Scott Sizemore for assignment.
Beltran was off to a slow start before being shut down in mid-May, hitting just .234 with five homers and a .715 OPS in 33 games.
He’s returning now without having undergone surgery to remove the bone spurs from his elbow, which means Beltran could have further issues with the injury and eventually deciding on surgery remains a possibility. Not a great situation for a 37-year-old in the first season of a three-year, $45 million contract.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)