Jun 5, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Carlos Beltran is back from the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with bone spurs in his right elbow and to make room for his return the Yankees designated infielder Scott Sizemore for assignment.
Beltran was off to a slow start before being shut down in mid-May, hitting just .234 with five homers and a .715 OPS in 33 games.
He’s returning now without having undergone surgery to remove the bone spurs from his elbow, which means Beltran could have further issues with the injury and eventually deciding on surgery remains a possibility. Not a great situation for a 37-year-old in the first season of a three-year, $45 million contract.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)