Jun 6, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
As funny as it sounds, Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper plans to play Playstation to rehab his injured left thumb, Scott Allen of The Washington Post reports. Harper suffered a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb following a head-first slide in late April. He underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
Thus, Harper has a legitimate medical reason for including Playstation as part of his rehab. Presumably, using his left thumb to aim firearms, operate motor vehicles, and shimmy past linebackers will strengthen it after a dormant period following the surgery.
Harper, 21, went on the disabled list slashing .289/.352/.422 with a homer, nine RBI, and a stolen base in 91 trips to the plate. He’s aiming for a July 1 return.
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) June 5, 2014
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)