Jun 6, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
As funny as it sounds, Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper plans to play Playstation to rehab his injured left thumb, Scott Allen of The Washington Post reports. Harper suffered a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb following a head-first slide in late April. He underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
Thus, Harper has a legitimate medical reason for including Playstation as part of his rehab. Presumably, using his left thumb to aim firearms, operate motor vehicles, and shimmy past linebackers will strengthen it after a dormant period following the surgery.
Harper, 21, went on the disabled list slashing .289/.352/.422 with a homer, nine RBI, and a stolen base in 91 trips to the plate. He’s aiming for a July 1 return.
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) June 5, 2014
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)