Jun 6, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
As funny as it sounds, Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper plans to play Playstation to rehab his injured left thumb, Scott Allen of The Washington Post reports. Harper suffered a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb following a head-first slide in late April. He underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
Thus, Harper has a legitimate medical reason for including Playstation as part of his rehab. Presumably, using his left thumb to aim firearms, operate motor vehicles, and shimmy past linebackers will strengthen it after a dormant period following the surgery.
Harper, 21, went on the disabled list slashing .289/.352/.422 with a homer, nine RBI, and a stolen base in 91 trips to the plate. He’s aiming for a July 1 return.
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) June 5, 2014
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 30
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 35
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 36
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)