Jun 6, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Via Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants have activated Matt Cain from the 15-day disabled list in time to make tonight’s start against the Mets. To clear room on the roster, the club has designated lefty David Huff for assignment.
Cain went on the disabled list retroactive to May 22 with a strained right hamstring. The Giants had hoped he was healthy enough to make last Saturday’s start against the Cardinals, but decided to be cautious and give Cain the time he needed to recuperate.
Cain, 29, resumes his season with a 3.66 ERA and a 39/17 K/BB ratio in 46 2/3 innings across eight starts. He’ll be opposed by Jonathon Niese for tonight’s match in San Francisco.
Huff, 29, posted a 6.30 ERA with an 11/6 K/BB ratio over 20 innings out of the bullpen.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)