Jun 6, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
This is a freakish thing: Johan Santana hurt his Achilles tendon when a ball hit him:
Johan Santana actually hurt himself when retrieving a ball that hit him. Felt something is his Achilles. Being checked out in Sarasota.
— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) June 6, 2014
I can’t tell from the context if it was a comebacker or if he was hit by a pitch. Of course, why a pitcher rehabbing an injury for an American League team would be batting is an open question.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20