Jun 6, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Mat Latos left his third minor-league rehab start with a calf injury Wednesday at Triple-A, but the injury is apparently a non-issue and today Latos expressed displeasure with the Reds keeping in the minors for another start.
In fact, Latos told John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer that “it’s pretty bogus I have to go on another rehab assignment” and added:
I don’t make the decisions around here. But it it is what it is. I’m a puppet on a string. I get told to do what I need to do and I do it.
Latos is an emotional guy, so it’s possible those quotes come across more harshly than he intended, but clearly he’s not happy with the situation and is itching to make his 2014 debut after missing time with knee, flexor, and now calf injuries.
Fay reports that the Reds simply want Latos to throw 90-100 pitches, which he was supposed to do before the calf injury led to an early departure Wednesday.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)