Jun 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Mike Trout left Tuesday’s game with back discomfort and sat out on Wednesday, but he seems to be doing better.
Playing DH in last night’s game against the Astros Trout went 2 for 5 with a triple and an RBI double. On the season he’s hitting .295/.379/.557 with 39 RBI and five stolen bases. That’s a bit off from what he was doing last year — and he still leads the league in strikeouts – but the contending Angels will take a mild dropoff if it means he’s still in the lineup.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 97
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39