Jun 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Mike Trout left Tuesday’s game with back discomfort and sat out on Wednesday, but he seems to be doing better.
Playing DH in last night’s game against the Astros Trout went 2 for 5 with a triple and an RBI double. On the season he’s hitting .295/.379/.557 with 39 RBI and five stolen bases. That’s a bit off from what he was doing last year — and he still leads the league in strikeouts – but the contending Angels will take a mild dropoff if it means he’s still in the lineup.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (109)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)