Jun 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Mike Trout left Tuesday’s game with back discomfort and sat out on Wednesday, but he seems to be doing better.
Playing DH in last night’s game against the Astros Trout went 2 for 5 with a triple and an RBI double. On the season he’s hitting .295/.379/.557 with 39 RBI and five stolen bases. That’s a bit off from what he was doing last year — and he still leads the league in strikeouts – but the contending Angels will take a mild dropoff if it means he’s still in the lineup.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)