Jun 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Mike Trout left Tuesday’s game with back discomfort and sat out on Wednesday, but he seems to be doing better.
Playing DH in last night’s game against the Astros Trout went 2 for 5 with a triple and an RBI double. On the season he’s hitting .295/.379/.557 with 39 RBI and five stolen bases. That’s a bit off from what he was doing last year — and he still leads the league in strikeouts – but the contending Angels will take a mild dropoff if it means he’s still in the lineup.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)