Jun 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Mike Trout left Tuesday’s game with back discomfort and sat out on Wednesday, but he seems to be doing better.
Playing DH in last night’s game against the Astros Trout went 2 for 5 with a triple and an RBI double. On the season he’s hitting .295/.379/.557 with 39 RBI and five stolen bases. That’s a bit off from what he was doing last year — and he still leads the league in strikeouts – but the contending Angels will take a mild dropoff if it means he’s still in the lineup.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)