Jun 6, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Corey Brock reports that the Padres have placed second baseman Jedd Gyorko on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 4, with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. Gyorko was not in the Padres’ lineup on Wednesday in the series finale against the Pirates, and the team used Thursday’s off-day to give him rest and to gauge the injury.
Gyorko hasn’t had a great 2014 after finishing sixth in NL Rookie of the Year balloting last season. He is slashing just .162/.213/.270 with five home runs and 24 RBI in 221 plate appearances.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 8
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 96
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)