Jun 6, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
Former Mets catcher Paul Lo Duca is a Brooklyn guy with a lot of attitude so he’s naturally called on by talk radio guys when something pithy is required. He definitely delivered with WFAN hosts Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts this afternoon when asked to talk about the state of the Mets.
He was critical of Mets catchers saying “I could hit better left-handed than the schmucks they’ve got there now.” He also called former Mets GM Omar Minaya an “idiot” and mocked Citi Field’s dimensions and/or David Wright, saying “your franchise player is a hitting star who has four home runs!”
Maybe Lo Duca could hit better than the Mets catchers, but maybe that’s because he was juiced up to the gills for most of his career. And maybe Omar Minaya was an idiot, but I don’t think he ever did anything as dumb as pay his drug dealer with a personal check and then write the same drug dealer a personal note on team letterhead about, man, sorry that the check I wrote you was returned! Or, say, cheat on his wife with a teenaged mistress and then pose for pictures with her when he’s trying to be on the down low about it.
But I guess he really stuck it to those schmucks and idiots on the Mets, huh?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 9
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 9
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)