Jun 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Recently, we’ve heard that the Yankees, Royals, Brewers, and Mariners are all at least somewhat interested in acquiring free agent 1B/DH Kendrys Morales. You can now add in the Rangers, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News.
With the MLB first-year player draft under way, the draft pick compensation attached to Morales has disappeared, removing the only reason why Morales has remained a free agent into the season’s third month. The Rangers lost first baseman Prince Fielder for the season due to a herniated disk. Since Fielder went on the DL, Mitch Moreland has posted a meager .575 OPS at first base. The Rangers could use some help.
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 16
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 15
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 41
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- Royals acquire ace Johnny Cueto from the Reds 71
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)