Jun 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Recently, we’ve heard that the Yankees, Royals, Brewers, and Mariners are all at least somewhat interested in acquiring free agent 1B/DH Kendrys Morales. You can now add in the Rangers, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News.
With the MLB first-year player draft under way, the draft pick compensation attached to Morales has disappeared, removing the only reason why Morales has remained a free agent into the season’s third month. The Rangers lost first baseman Prince Fielder for the season due to a herniated disk. Since Fielder went on the DL, Mitch Moreland has posted a meager .575 OPS at first base. The Rangers could use some help.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)