Jun 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Recently, we’ve heard that the Yankees, Royals, Brewers, and Mariners are all at least somewhat interested in acquiring free agent 1B/DH Kendrys Morales. You can now add in the Rangers, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News.
With the MLB first-year player draft under way, the draft pick compensation attached to Morales has disappeared, removing the only reason why Morales has remained a free agent into the season’s third month. The Rangers lost first baseman Prince Fielder for the season due to a herniated disk. Since Fielder went on the DL, Mitch Moreland has posted a meager .575 OPS at first base. The Rangers could use some help.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)