Wanna buy CC Sabathia’s house?

Jun 6, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT

CC Sabathia house

Remember when CC Sabathia was a free agent and everyone said that he’d sign with the Giants or Dodgers or something because he’s from California and has a house there and blah, blah blah? Well, he won’t pretty soon. At least not the house he had at the time:

The custom home, built in 2004, is located in Eastridge, a private gated community in Solano County’s Green Valley. Designed for casual indoor-outdoor living, the property features a custom pool with water features, an outdoor kitchen and a “man cave” complete with custom stadium seating, a row of flat-screen televisions, a wet bar and various baseball memorabilia.

Per the pictures at the listing, that man cave appears to be pretty slick. A print over the wet bar of that room has Sabathia pitching in his Indians jersey, though, so you wonder if he misses old Cleveland.

The baseball-themed kids’ bedroom is pretty sweet too. If I were buying it I’d ask him to keep the furniture in there and use it as my own bedroom. Yes, a 40-year-old can sleep on a baseball-themed bunk bed. Indeed, he probably should.

He bought the joint for a little over a million in 2004. Now it can be yours for the low, low price of $1.5 million. But your housing dollar does go farther out in Fairfield than it would closer to the city.

1. proudlycanadian - Jun 6, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I do not want to buy that house, said Sam I Am.

2. josemartez - Jun 6, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I know that sports memorabilia can be cool, but there’s something about framed jerseys that scream tackiness. Also, the term “Man Cave” is dumb.

3. yahmule - Jun 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I would find these living quarters acceptable.

4. renaado - Jun 6, 2014 at 10:16 AM

1.5 mil !? That’s a bargain !

5. clydeserra - Jun 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I wonder what goes into players getting other players framed uniforms. It seems he had Eric Chavez, Ichiro Suzuki, david Ortiz and three others I can’t ID.

I can guess that he was a chavez fan in high school, but I don’t know about the others.

6. tonyc920 - Jun 6, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Geez Craig, So much for an unbiased article headline. I guess you’re one of those Yankees fans who doesn’t think CC is giving his all.

• uyf1950 - Jun 6, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Please don’t confuse any Yankees fan (myself included) with a Braves fan who lives in Ohio.

Besides contrary to Craig’s comment CC was very good his first 4 years with the Yankees it’s only been his last 2 that “issues” have arisen.

7. campcouch - Jun 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I thought he said a pic of him pitching in his Indians jersey. He still has a soft spot for the team he started with I guess.

8. Gamera the Brave - Jun 6, 2014 at 11:36 AM

To butcher the old W.C. Fields line, I spent a century in Farifield one year.
    It’s a fairly awful place. Some nice houses there from the early 2000s, but no downtown to speak of, and much of the town is scuzzy and run down. Worked for a few years in Green Valley, it’s a good place to be FROM…

(in Voice of Allen Ludden – “The password is ‘moribund'”)

9. genericcommenter - Jun 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Not bad for a little of 3 weeks of his baseball income.

10. cassi1125 - Jun 6, 2014 at 1:58 PM

mmm… I kinda like Zito’s digs… http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-barry-zito-20140528-story.html

11. APBA Guy - Jun 6, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I’ve got a friend who works in Fairfield (he doesn’t live there for the reasons Gamera listed above). But if he and 6 of his pals chipped in, maybe that house would change his mind. I’d do it for the man-cave and the proximity to Napa.

12. nolanwiffle - Jun 6, 2014 at 3:45 PM

In slide number three…….it appears the open kitchen cabinet is stocked with nothing but canned hams.

All the trade deadline news to know