Jun 6, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Remember when CC Sabathia was a free agent and everyone said that he’d sign with the Giants or Dodgers or something because he’s from California and has a house there and blah, blah blah? Well, he won’t pretty soon. At least not the house he had at the time:
The custom home, built in 2004, is located in Eastridge, a private gated community in Solano County’s Green Valley. Designed for casual indoor-outdoor living, the property features a custom pool with water features, an outdoor kitchen and a “man cave” complete with custom stadium seating, a row of flat-screen televisions, a wet bar and various baseball memorabilia.
Per the pictures at the listing, that man cave appears to be pretty slick. A print over the wet bar of that room has Sabathia pitching in his Indians jersey, though, so you wonder if he misses old Cleveland.
The baseball-themed kids’ bedroom is pretty sweet too. If I were buying it I’d ask him to keep the furniture in there and use it as my own bedroom. Yes, a 40-year-old can sleep on a baseball-themed bunk bed. Indeed, he probably should.
He bought the joint for a little over a million in 2004. Now it can be yours for the low, low price of $1.5 million. But your housing dollar does go farther out in Fairfield than it would closer to the city.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)