Jun 6, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Remember when CC Sabathia was a free agent and everyone said that he’d sign with the Giants or Dodgers or something because he’s from California and has a house there and blah, blah blah? Well, he won’t pretty soon. At least not the house he had at the time:
The custom home, built in 2004, is located in Eastridge, a private gated community in Solano County’s Green Valley. Designed for casual indoor-outdoor living, the property features a custom pool with water features, an outdoor kitchen and a “man cave” complete with custom stadium seating, a row of flat-screen televisions, a wet bar and various baseball memorabilia.
Per the pictures at the listing, that man cave appears to be pretty slick. A print over the wet bar of that room has Sabathia pitching in his Indians jersey, though, so you wonder if he misses old Cleveland.
The baseball-themed kids’ bedroom is pretty sweet too. If I were buying it I’d ask him to keep the furniture in there and use it as my own bedroom. Yes, a 40-year-old can sleep on a baseball-themed bunk bed. Indeed, he probably should.
He bought the joint for a little over a million in 2004. Now it can be yours for the low, low price of $1.5 million. But your housing dollar does go farther out in Fairfield than it would closer to the city.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)