Jun 6, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
Remember when CC Sabathia was a free agent and everyone said that he’d sign with the Giants or Dodgers or something because he’s from California and has a house there and blah, blah blah? Well, he won’t pretty soon. At least not the house he had at the time:
The custom home, built in 2004, is located in Eastridge, a private gated community in Solano County’s Green Valley. Designed for casual indoor-outdoor living, the property features a custom pool with water features, an outdoor kitchen and a “man cave” complete with custom stadium seating, a row of flat-screen televisions, a wet bar and various baseball memorabilia.
Per the pictures at the listing, that man cave appears to be pretty slick. A print over the wet bar of that room has Sabathia pitching in his Indians jersey, though, so you wonder if he misses old Cleveland.
The baseball-themed kids’ bedroom is pretty sweet too. If I were buying it I’d ask him to keep the furniture in there and use it as my own bedroom. Yes, a 40-year-old can sleep on a baseball-themed bunk bed. Indeed, he probably should.
He bought the joint for a little over a million in 2004. Now it can be yours for the low, low price of $1.5 million. But your housing dollar does go farther out in Fairfield than it would closer to the city.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 0
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 153
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (153)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)