Jun 6, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Remember when CC Sabathia was a free agent and everyone said that he’d sign with the Giants or Dodgers or something because he’s from California and has a house there and blah, blah blah? Well, he won’t pretty soon. At least not the house he had at the time:
The custom home, built in 2004, is located in Eastridge, a private gated community in Solano County’s Green Valley. Designed for casual indoor-outdoor living, the property features a custom pool with water features, an outdoor kitchen and a “man cave” complete with custom stadium seating, a row of flat-screen televisions, a wet bar and various baseball memorabilia.
Per the pictures at the listing, that man cave appears to be pretty slick. A print over the wet bar of that room has Sabathia pitching in his Indians jersey, though, so you wonder if he misses old Cleveland.
The baseball-themed kids’ bedroom is pretty sweet too. If I were buying it I’d ask him to keep the furniture in there and use it as my own bedroom. Yes, a 40-year-old can sleep on a baseball-themed bunk bed. Indeed, he probably should.
He bought the joint for a little over a million in 2004. Now it can be yours for the low, low price of $1.5 million. But your housing dollar does go farther out in Fairfield than it would closer to the city.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)