Jun 7, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
The Cubs recently released veteran right-hander Joel Pineiro and the Angels took the opportunity to sign him to a minor league deal. Per the Salt Lake Bees Twitter, Pineiro will start tonight against the Sacramento River Cats in a Triple-A match-up.
Pineiro, 35, had posted a 4.43 ERA with a 10/4 K/BB ratio in 22 1/3 innings over four starts at Double-A Tennessee for the Cubs.
Pineiro last pitched in the majors in 2011 with the Angels. He finished with a 5.13 ERA in 145 2/3 innings.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)