Jun 7, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
The Cubs recently released veteran right-hander Joel Pineiro and the Angels took the opportunity to sign him to a minor league deal. Per the Salt Lake Bees Twitter, Pineiro will start tonight against the Sacramento River Cats in a Triple-A match-up.
Pineiro, 35, had posted a 4.43 ERA with a 10/4 K/BB ratio in 22 1/3 innings over four starts at Double-A Tennessee for the Cubs.
Pineiro last pitched in the majors in 2011 with the Angels. He finished with a 5.13 ERA in 145 2/3 innings.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 8
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)