Jun 7, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
The Cubs recently released veteran right-hander Joel Pineiro and the Angels took the opportunity to sign him to a minor league deal. Per the Salt Lake Bees Twitter, Pineiro will start tonight against the Sacramento River Cats in a Triple-A match-up.
Pineiro, 35, had posted a 4.43 ERA with a 10/4 K/BB ratio in 22 1/3 innings over four starts at Double-A Tennessee for the Cubs.
Pineiro last pitched in the majors in 2011 with the Angels. He finished with a 5.13 ERA in 145 2/3 innings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 22
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 5
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 21
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 15
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)