Jun 7, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Joe Danneman of Cincinnati’s FOX19 reports that Reds first baseman Joey Votto will travel to Pawtucket and begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Louisville on Sunday. Votto has been sidelined since May 16 with a strained left quadriceps. Votto isn’t expected to need to rehab very long before rejoining the Reds some time next week.
Despite a high on-base percentage, Votto’s numbers aren’t quite where one would expect them to be, as he is slashing .257/.410/.449 with six home runs and 12 RBI in 173 plate appearances. If the season were to end today, the batting average and slugging percentage would both be career-lows.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 131
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 64
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (139)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)