Jun 7, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Joe Danneman of Cincinnati’s FOX19 reports that Reds first baseman Joey Votto will travel to Pawtucket and begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Louisville on Sunday. Votto has been sidelined since May 16 with a strained left quadriceps. Votto isn’t expected to need to rehab very long before rejoining the Reds some time next week.
Despite a high on-base percentage, Votto’s numbers aren’t quite where one would expect them to be, as he is slashing .257/.410/.449 with six home runs and 12 RBI in 173 plate appearances. If the season were to end today, the batting average and slugging percentage would both be career-lows.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)