Jun 7, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Joe Danneman of Cincinnati’s FOX19 reports that Reds first baseman Joey Votto will travel to Pawtucket and begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Louisville on Sunday. Votto has been sidelined since May 16 with a strained left quadriceps. Votto isn’t expected to need to rehab very long before rejoining the Reds some time next week.
Despite a high on-base percentage, Votto’s numbers aren’t quite where one would expect them to be, as he is slashing .257/.410/.449 with six home runs and 12 RBI in 173 plate appearances. If the season were to end today, the batting average and slugging percentage would both be career-lows.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)