Jun 7, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Joe Danneman of Cincinnati’s FOX19 reports that Reds first baseman Joey Votto will travel to Pawtucket and begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Louisville on Sunday. Votto has been sidelined since May 16 with a strained left quadriceps. Votto isn’t expected to need to rehab very long before rejoining the Reds some time next week.
Despite a high on-base percentage, Votto’s numbers aren’t quite where one would expect them to be, as he is slashing .257/.410/.449 with six home runs and 12 RBI in 173 plate appearances. If the season were to end today, the batting average and slugging percentage would both be career-lows.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 56
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)