Jun 8, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Bell as released by the Rays last month after posting an ugly 7.27 ERA over 13 appearances. The 36-year-old right-hander quickly latched on with the Orioles from there and put up a 4.22 ERA and 11/6 K/BB ratio over 10 2/3 innings with Triple-A Norfolk.
Those numbers weren’t good enough for Bell to get a call-up with the Orioles, so he’ll attempt to find an opportunity with another organization. He’ll likely have to accept another minor league deal.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)