Jun 8, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Bell as released by the Rays last month after posting an ugly 7.27 ERA over 13 appearances. The 36-year-old right-hander quickly latched on with the Orioles from there and put up a 4.22 ERA and 11/6 K/BB ratio over 10 2/3 innings with Triple-A Norfolk.
Those numbers weren’t good enough for Bell to get a call-up with the Orioles, so he’ll attempt to find an opportunity with another organization. He’ll likely have to accept another minor league deal.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (85)