Jun 8, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Bell as released by the Rays last month after posting an ugly 7.27 ERA over 13 appearances. The 36-year-old right-hander quickly latched on with the Orioles from there and put up a 4.22 ERA and 11/6 K/BB ratio over 10 2/3 innings with Triple-A Norfolk.
Those numbers weren’t good enough for Bell to get a call-up with the Orioles, so he’ll attempt to find an opportunity with another organization. He’ll likely have to accept another minor league deal.
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 2
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 3
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 33
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)