Jun 8, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Cabrera delivered a two-out single off John Lackey before exiting the ballgame. He appeared uncomfortable running the bases when he doubled and scored in the fourth inning, so this would explain it. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but the Tigers could give him a day or two to rest.
After getting off to a slow start for his standards, Cabrera is batting .326/.377/.564 with 11 home runs and 51 RBI through 59 games this season.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)