Jun 8, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Cabrera delivered a two-out single off John Lackey before exiting the ballgame. He appeared uncomfortable running the bases when he doubled and scored in the fourth inning, so this would explain it. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but the Tigers could give him a day or two to rest.
After getting off to a slow start for his standards, Cabrera is batting .326/.377/.564 with 11 home runs and 51 RBI through 59 games this season.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)