Jun 8, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Cabrera delivered a two-out single off John Lackey before exiting the ballgame. He appeared uncomfortable running the bases when he doubled and scored in the fourth inning, so this would explain it. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but the Tigers could give him a day or two to rest.
After getting off to a slow start for his standards, Cabrera is batting .326/.377/.564 with 11 home runs and 51 RBI through 59 games this season.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)