Jun 8, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Indians first baseman Nick Swisher will play in two rehab games with Double-A Akron on Tuesday and Wednesday. If all goes well, Swisher could rejoin the Indians on Thursday as they open up a four-game series against the Red Sox, Paul Hoynes of The Plain Dealer reports.
Swisher hyper-extended his left knee on May 27 and has been out since. Leading up to the injury, Swisher was posting the worst offensive numbers of his career, slashing .211/.312/.319 with three home runs in 218 plate appearances.
- Cliff Lee exits start with apparent arm injury 0
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 125
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (125)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)