Jun 8, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Indians first baseman Nick Swisher will play in two rehab games with Double-A Akron on Tuesday and Wednesday. If all goes well, Swisher could rejoin the Indians on Thursday as they open up a four-game series against the Red Sox, Paul Hoynes of The Plain Dealer reports.
Swisher hyper-extended his left knee on May 27 and has been out since. Leading up to the injury, Swisher was posting the worst offensive numbers of his career, slashing .211/.312/.319 with three home runs in 218 plate appearances.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)