Jun 8, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Indians first baseman Nick Swisher will play in two rehab games with Double-A Akron on Tuesday and Wednesday. If all goes well, Swisher could rejoin the Indians on Thursday as they open up a four-game series against the Red Sox, Paul Hoynes of The Plain Dealer reports.
Swisher hyper-extended his left knee on May 27 and has been out since. Leading up to the injury, Swisher was posting the worst offensive numbers of his career, slashing .211/.312/.319 with three home runs in 218 plate appearances.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)