Jun 8, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Indians first baseman Nick Swisher will play in two rehab games with Double-A Akron on Tuesday and Wednesday. If all goes well, Swisher could rejoin the Indians on Thursday as they open up a four-game series against the Red Sox, Paul Hoynes of The Plain Dealer reports.
Swisher hyper-extended his left knee on May 27 and has been out since. Leading up to the injury, Swisher was posting the worst offensive numbers of his career, slashing .211/.312/.319 with three home runs in 218 plate appearances.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 153
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (166)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)