Jun 8, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Indians first baseman Nick Swisher will play in two rehab games with Double-A Akron on Tuesday and Wednesday. If all goes well, Swisher could rejoin the Indians on Thursday as they open up a four-game series against the Red Sox, Paul Hoynes of The Plain Dealer reports.
Swisher hyper-extended his left knee on May 27 and has been out since. Leading up to the injury, Swisher was posting the worst offensive numbers of his career, slashing .211/.312/.319 with three home runs in 218 plate appearances.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 54
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 23
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)