Jun 8, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Hunter had been on the DL since May 21 with a strained left groin. Prior to the injury, Hunter had struggled in his new role as the Orioles’ closer. In 16 1/3 innings, the 27-year-old right-hander posted a 6.06 ERA with a 15/5 K/BB ratio and three blown saves.
Meek, 31, didn’t have too much success at the big league level himself. In 12 2/3 innings, he posted a 6.39 ERA with a 10/6 K/BB ratio.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)