Jun 8, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Hunter had been on the DL since May 21 with a strained left groin. Prior to the injury, Hunter had struggled in his new role as the Orioles’ closer. In 16 1/3 innings, the 27-year-old right-hander posted a 6.06 ERA with a 15/5 K/BB ratio and three blown saves.
Meek, 31, didn’t have too much success at the big league level himself. In 12 2/3 innings, he posted a 6.39 ERA with a 10/6 K/BB ratio.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)