Jun 8, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
Hunter had been on the DL since May 21 with a strained left groin. Prior to the injury, Hunter had struggled in his new role as the Orioles’ closer. In 16 1/3 innings, the 27-year-old right-hander posted a 6.06 ERA with a 15/5 K/BB ratio and three blown saves.
Meek, 31, didn’t have too much success at the big league level himself. In 12 2/3 innings, he posted a 6.39 ERA with a 10/6 K/BB ratio.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)