Jun 8, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Hunter had been on the DL since May 21 with a strained left groin. Prior to the injury, Hunter had struggled in his new role as the Orioles’ closer. In 16 1/3 innings, the 27-year-old right-hander posted a 6.06 ERA with a 15/5 K/BB ratio and three blown saves.
Meek, 31, didn’t have too much success at the big league level himself. In 12 2/3 innings, he posted a 6.39 ERA with a 10/6 K/BB ratio.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 3
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)