Jun 8, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Hunter had been on the DL since May 21 with a strained left groin. Prior to the injury, Hunter had struggled in his new role as the Orioles’ closer. In 16 1/3 innings, the 27-year-old right-hander posted a 6.06 ERA with a 15/5 K/BB ratio and three blown saves.
Meek, 31, didn’t have too much success at the big league level himself. In 12 2/3 innings, he posted a 6.39 ERA with a 10/6 K/BB ratio.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (127)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)