Jun 8, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
How about this line, folks? .323/.463/.735 (that’s a 1.199 OPS), 21 home runs, 50 RBI, 51/64 K/BB ratio in 246 plate appearances. That’s what Joey Gallo has done at Single-A Myrtle Beach thus far. Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers have promoted Gallo to Double-A Frisco and he could be available as early as tonight.
Gallo, 20, posted a .961 OPS with 40 home runs between rookie ball in the Arizona League and Single-A Hickory last season. Thus it was no surprise when he was rated the #60 overall prospect by Baseball America and #95 by Baseball Prospectus entering the season. Barring a catastrophic collapse over the rest of the season, Gallo’s stock should continue to rise quickly.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 6
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 37
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)