Jun 8, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
How about this line, folks? .323/.463/.735 (that’s a 1.199 OPS), 21 home runs, 50 RBI, 51/64 K/BB ratio in 246 plate appearances. That’s what Joey Gallo has done at Single-A Myrtle Beach thus far. Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers have promoted Gallo to Double-A Frisco and he could be available as early as tonight.
Gallo, 20, posted a .961 OPS with 40 home runs between rookie ball in the Arizona League and Single-A Hickory last season. Thus it was no surprise when he was rated the #60 overall prospect by Baseball America and #95 by Baseball Prospectus entering the season. Barring a catastrophic collapse over the rest of the season, Gallo’s stock should continue to rise quickly.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (99)