Jun 8, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
How about this line, folks? .323/.463/.735 (that’s a 1.199 OPS), 21 home runs, 50 RBI, 51/64 K/BB ratio in 246 plate appearances. That’s what Joey Gallo has done at Single-A Myrtle Beach thus far. Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers have promoted Gallo to Double-A Frisco and he could be available as early as tonight.
Gallo, 20, posted a .961 OPS with 40 home runs between rookie ball in the Arizona League and Single-A Hickory last season. Thus it was no surprise when he was rated the #60 overall prospect by Baseball America and #95 by Baseball Prospectus entering the season. Barring a catastrophic collapse over the rest of the season, Gallo’s stock should continue to rise quickly.
- Chris Sale suffered a foot injury 0
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 289
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)