Jun 8, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
How about this line, folks? .323/.463/.735 (that’s a 1.199 OPS), 21 home runs, 50 RBI, 51/64 K/BB ratio in 246 plate appearances. That’s what Joey Gallo has done at Single-A Myrtle Beach thus far. Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers have promoted Gallo to Double-A Frisco and he could be available as early as tonight.
Gallo, 20, posted a .961 OPS with 40 home runs between rookie ball in the Arizona League and Single-A Hickory last season. Thus it was no surprise when he was rated the #60 overall prospect by Baseball America and #95 by Baseball Prospectus entering the season. Barring a catastrophic collapse over the rest of the season, Gallo’s stock should continue to rise quickly.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)