Jun 8, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig left last night’s game due to a right hip flexor injury. Puig got hurt sliding into second base in the fourth inning. He played the field in the bottom of the inning, but left in the fifth inning, replaced by Scott Van Slyke.
The Dodgers are calling him day-to-day. Figure Van Slyke will take any playing time he misses. No word on who takes over bat-flipping duties.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)