Jun 8, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig left last night’s game due to a right hip flexor injury. Puig got hurt sliding into second base in the fourth inning. He played the field in the bottom of the inning, but left in the fifth inning, replaced by Scott Van Slyke.
The Dodgers are calling him day-to-day. Figure Van Slyke will take any playing time he misses. No word on who takes over bat-flipping duties.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 5
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 26
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 206
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (208)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)