Jun 9, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
For Derek Jeter, the struggles continue: His OPS is down to .612, which ranks 154th out of 167 players. He is 164th of 167 in slugging percentage. He has two extra-base hits in the last 32 days.
I guess it could be worse. Of the qualified players with a worse OPS than him, four of them are shortstops. And the various non-qualifying players the Tigers have used at short have been worse than all of them. So I guess even in his diminished state Jeter still profiles as a major league shortstop.
But man, it’s hard to see someone of his stature slumming with the Adeiny Hechavarrias and Zack Cosarts of the world.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 16
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 50
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)