Jun 9, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
For Derek Jeter, the struggles continue: His OPS is down to .612, which ranks 154th out of 167 players. He is 164th of 167 in slugging percentage. He has two extra-base hits in the last 32 days.
I guess it could be worse. Of the qualified players with a worse OPS than him, four of them are shortstops. And the various non-qualifying players the Tigers have used at short have been worse than all of them. So I guess even in his diminished state Jeter still profiles as a major league shortstop.
But man, it’s hard to see someone of his stature slumming with the Adeiny Hechavarrias and Zack Cosarts of the world.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 55
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 70
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)