Jun 9, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera exited yesterday’s game with a hamstring injury, but the reigning back-to-back MVP is in the Tigers’ lineup and batting third for tonight’s game against the White Sox.
Cabrera’s overall numbers are slightly off from his usual lofty standards because he started slow this season, but he’s hitting .372 with 10 homers, 16 doubles, and a 1.068 OPS in his last 43 games. And even with the slow start Cabrera ranks among the American League’s top 10 in batting average (.326), on-base percentage (.377), slugging percentage (.564), and RBIs (51) overall.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)