Jun 9, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera exited yesterday’s game with a hamstring injury, but the reigning back-to-back MVP is in the Tigers’ lineup and batting third for tonight’s game against the White Sox.
Cabrera’s overall numbers are slightly off from his usual lofty standards because he started slow this season, but he’s hitting .372 with 10 homers, 16 doubles, and a 1.068 OPS in his last 43 games. And even with the slow start Cabrera ranks among the American League’s top 10 in batting average (.326), on-base percentage (.377), slugging percentage (.564), and RBIs (51) overall.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)