Jun 9, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera exited yesterday’s game with a hamstring injury, but the reigning back-to-back MVP is in the Tigers’ lineup and batting third for tonight’s game against the White Sox.
Cabrera’s overall numbers are slightly off from his usual lofty standards because he started slow this season, but he’s hitting .372 with 10 homers, 16 doubles, and a 1.068 OPS in his last 43 games. And even with the slow start Cabrera ranks among the American League’s top 10 in batting average (.326), on-base percentage (.377), slugging percentage (.564), and RBIs (51) overall.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 260
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 29
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (261)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)