Jun 9, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera exited yesterday’s game with a hamstring injury, but the reigning back-to-back MVP is in the Tigers’ lineup and batting third for tonight’s game against the White Sox.
Cabrera’s overall numbers are slightly off from his usual lofty standards because he started slow this season, but he’s hitting .372 with 10 homers, 16 doubles, and a 1.068 OPS in his last 43 games. And even with the slow start Cabrera ranks among the American League’s top 10 in batting average (.326), on-base percentage (.377), slugging percentage (.564), and RBIs (51) overall.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)