Jun 9, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera exited yesterday’s game with a hamstring injury, but the reigning back-to-back MVP is in the Tigers’ lineup and batting third for tonight’s game against the White Sox.
Cabrera’s overall numbers are slightly off from his usual lofty standards because he started slow this season, but he’s hitting .372 with 10 homers, 16 doubles, and a 1.068 OPS in his last 43 games. And even with the slow start Cabrera ranks among the American League’s top 10 in batting average (.326), on-base percentage (.377), slugging percentage (.564), and RBIs (51) overall.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 10
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)