Jun 9, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, that explains the benching. Drew is day-to-day with an oblique injury.
Stephen Drew has played just four games for the Red Sox since rejoining the team after sitting out the first two months of the season, which is why it seems odd that he’s sitting out tonight’s game against the Orioles.
Not only are the Red Sox facing a right-handed pitcher–which is a good matchup for the left-handed-hitting Drew–but that pitcher is Bud Norris and Drew is a career .462 hitter with a 1.357 OPS in 17 plate appearances off him.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 5
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 92
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (92)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)