Jun 9, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Indeed, they’re going to look downright Houston Astros-y. This sneak peak from Sportslogos.net:
They got it from a tipster, and they got confirmation that several months ago a minor league team teased the design, which may suggest New Era has been working on it for a bit.
I think it’s OK. Certainly more imaginative than the standard stars and stripes logos they’ve been using for the past few years. I actually think the fact that these are far removed from the team’s usual designs is a good thing. The older ones fall in some sort of weird uncanny valley in which they’re so close to the old designs that they make you think they are the old designs with just a little something . . . off. If you’re going to go in another direction, go definitively in another direction, ya know?
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 51
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24