Jun 9, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Former Twins manager Tom Kelly was in the broadcast booth during the ninth inning of yesterday’s Twins-Astros game. It was already 10-5 with Glen Perkins mopping things up when Jon Singleton came to the plate. I don’t know what the leadup was to this portion of the conversation, but know that Kelly’s prediction that Perkins would “make short work” of Singleton was . . . a bit off.
Well, let’s be more charitable. The grand slam did come on the third pitch to Singleton, so that was pretty short work. Just not good work.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)