Jun 9, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Former Twins manager Tom Kelly was in the broadcast booth during the ninth inning of yesterday’s Twins-Astros game. It was already 10-5 with Glen Perkins mopping things up when Jon Singleton came to the plate. I don’t know what the leadup was to this portion of the conversation, but know that Kelly’s prediction that Perkins would “make short work” of Singleton was . . . a bit off.
Well, let’s be more charitable. The grand slam did come on the third pitch to Singleton, so that was pretty short work. Just not good work.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 0
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 60
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)