Jun 9, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Former Twins manager Tom Kelly was in the broadcast booth during the ninth inning of yesterday’s Twins-Astros game. It was already 10-5 with Glen Perkins mopping things up when Jon Singleton came to the plate. I don’t know what the leadup was to this portion of the conversation, but know that Kelly’s prediction that Perkins would “make short work” of Singleton was . . . a bit off.
Well, let’s be more charitable. The grand slam did come on the third pitch to Singleton, so that was pretty short work. Just not good work.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 1
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)