Jun 9, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Former Twins manager Tom Kelly was in the broadcast booth during the ninth inning of yesterday’s Twins-Astros game. It was already 10-5 with Glen Perkins mopping things up when Jon Singleton came to the plate. I don’t know what the leadup was to this portion of the conversation, but know that Kelly’s prediction that Perkins would “make short work” of Singleton was . . . a bit off.
Well, let’s be more charitable. The grand slam did come on the third pitch to Singleton, so that was pretty short work. Just not good work.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (92)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)