Jun 9, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Former Twins manager Tom Kelly was in the broadcast booth during the ninth inning of yesterday’s Twins-Astros game. It was already 10-5 with Glen Perkins mopping things up when Jon Singleton came to the plate. I don’t know what the leadup was to this portion of the conversation, but know that Kelly’s prediction that Perkins would “make short work” of Singleton was . . . a bit off.
Well, let’s be more charitable. The grand slam did come on the third pitch to Singleton, so that was pretty short work. Just not good work.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 2
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 90
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)