Jun 9, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Minnesota and first-round draft pick Nick Gordon have agreed to a $3.85 million signing bonus, which is the slot-recommended amount for the No. 5 overall pick.
Gordon is a high school shortstop from Florida. His dad, Tom Gordon, was a three-time All-Star pitcher who played 21 seasons in the majors and his brother, Dee Gordon, is the Dodgers’ starting second baseman and currently leads the National League in stolen bases.
Nick Gordon is several years away from potentially entering into the Twins’ plans, but Baseball America ranked him as a top-10 overall player in the draft class and the Twins believe he’ll definitely be able to stick at shortstop defensively long term.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)