Jun 9, 2014, 11:58 PM EST
The Angels announced this evening that left-hander Tyler Skaggs has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right hamstring strain. Hector Santiago, who was bumped to the bullpen last month and eventually sent to the minors, will be called up to start tomorrow night against the Athletics.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said that the move was precautionary after Skaggs felt soreness after his start last Thursday against the Astros. The hope is that he’ll be ready in two weeks, but Scioscia added that hamstring injuries “can take on a life of their own.”
Skaggs, who was acquired from the Diamondbacks in the Mark Trumbo deal over the winter, owns a 4.34 ERA and 58/24 K/BB ratio in 76 2/3 innings through 12 starts this season.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15