Jun 9, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion didn’t hit a home run last week, but he resumed punishing major league pitchers tonight when he connected for a three-run shot against Twins right-hander Ricky Nolasco in the bottom of the first inning. Check out the blast below:
Encarnacion is now up to 20 home runs on the season. He’s already more than halfway to his total of 36 from last year. He hit his career-high of 42 in 2012.
Encarnacion is the second player in MLB to reach 20 homers this season. Baltimore’s Nelson Cruz currently leads the majors with 21 home runs.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)