Jun 9, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion didn’t hit a home run last week, but he resumed punishing major league pitchers tonight when he connected for a three-run shot against Twins right-hander Ricky Nolasco in the bottom of the first inning. Check out the blast below:
Encarnacion is now up to 20 home runs on the season. He’s already more than halfway to his total of 36 from last year. He hit his career-high of 42 in 2012.
Encarnacion is the second player in MLB to reach 20 homers this season. Baltimore’s Nelson Cruz currently leads the majors with 21 home runs.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 11
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 46
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 51
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 44
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)