Jun 9, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
After missing one-and-a-half games with a strained hip flexor Yasiel Puig is back in the Dodgers’ starting lineup for tonight’s matchup versus the Reds.
Puig left Saturday’s game in the fifth inning after tweaking his hip sliding into second base and Jamie Romak started in his place as the Dodgers’ right fielder Sunday.
Puig has started 55 of the Dodgers’ first 64 games, hitting .335 with 11 homers and a 1.021 OPS that’s nearly 100 points higher than the mark from his excellent rookie season. He’s hitting third tonight.
Dan Patrick Show: Don Mattingly talks Dodgers’ chemistry issues
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 54
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)