Jun 9, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
After missing one-and-a-half games with a strained hip flexor Yasiel Puig is back in the Dodgers’ starting lineup for tonight’s matchup versus the Reds.
Puig left Saturday’s game in the fifth inning after tweaking his hip sliding into second base and Jamie Romak started in his place as the Dodgers’ right fielder Sunday.
Puig has started 55 of the Dodgers’ first 64 games, hitting .335 with 11 homers and a 1.021 OPS that’s nearly 100 points higher than the mark from his excellent rookie season. He’s hitting third tonight.
Dan Patrick Show: Don Mattingly talks Dodgers’ chemistry issues
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 18
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 26
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)