Jun 9, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
After missing one-and-a-half games with a strained hip flexor Yasiel Puig is back in the Dodgers’ starting lineup for tonight’s matchup versus the Reds.
Puig left Saturday’s game in the fifth inning after tweaking his hip sliding into second base and Jamie Romak started in his place as the Dodgers’ right fielder Sunday.
Puig has started 55 of the Dodgers’ first 64 games, hitting .335 with 11 homers and a 1.021 OPS that’s nearly 100 points higher than the mark from his excellent rookie season. He’s hitting third tonight.
Dan Patrick Show: Don Mattingly talks Dodgers’ chemistry issues
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 34
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)