Jun 9, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
After missing one-and-a-half games with a strained hip flexor Yasiel Puig is back in the Dodgers’ starting lineup for tonight’s matchup versus the Reds.
Puig left Saturday’s game in the fifth inning after tweaking his hip sliding into second base and Jamie Romak started in his place as the Dodgers’ right fielder Sunday.
Puig has started 55 of the Dodgers’ first 64 games, hitting .335 with 11 homers and a 1.021 OPS that’s nearly 100 points higher than the mark from his excellent rookie season. He’s hitting third tonight.
Dan Patrick Show: Don Mattingly talks Dodgers’ chemistry issues
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)