Jun 10, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
Astros rookie George Springer is out of the lineup today for the second straight game because of a sore right knee.
Houston manager Bo Porter said yesterday that Springer “could have played, but at the same time, when we think about it, it’s do you want to risk anything further happening so he could get treatment today.”
Springer got off to a very slow start after being called up in mid-April, but he’s been on fire lately and is hitting .251 with 12 homers and an .843 OPS in 47 games overall. All dozen of those homers have come in Springer’s last 30 games, during which time he’s posted a 1.055 OPS and the Astros have gone 18-12.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 8
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 15
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 82
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8