Jun 10, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
Astros rookie George Springer is out of the lineup today for the second straight game because of a sore right knee.
Houston manager Bo Porter said yesterday that Springer “could have played, but at the same time, when we think about it, it’s do you want to risk anything further happening so he could get treatment today.”
Springer got off to a very slow start after being called up in mid-April, but he’s been on fire lately and is hitting .251 with 12 homers and an .843 OPS in 47 games overall. All dozen of those homers have come in Springer’s last 30 games, during which time he’s posted a 1.055 OPS and the Astros have gone 18-12.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15