Jun 10, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
After spending nearly a month on the disabled list with a strained quadriceps Reds first baseman Joey Votto is back in the starting lineup and batting third for tonight’s game against the Dodgers.
Votto last played on May 16 and hit .257 with more walks (33) than strikeouts (31) and a .410 on-base percentage in 39 games before the injury, posting an .859 OPS that’s 100 points below the former MVP’s career mark.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 47
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 99
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (100)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)