Jun 10, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
After spending nearly a month on the disabled list with a strained quadriceps Reds first baseman Joey Votto is back in the starting lineup and batting third for tonight’s game against the Dodgers.
Votto last played on May 16 and hit .257 with more walks (33) than strikeouts (31) and a .410 on-base percentage in 39 games before the injury, posting an .859 OPS that’s 100 points below the former MVP’s career mark.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)