Jun 10, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Well this is an unsettling development:
Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui will make their Old Timers Day debuts on June 22.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) June 10, 2014
I am three and a half months older than Damon. I am 11 months older than Matsui And they are “old timers.” Sigh.
On the bright side, both of them have played recently enough to where the quality of the Old Timers Game is about to go up. Let’s see Don Larsen get that 84-year-old fastball by Godzilla!
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 21
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 18
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)