Jun 10, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Well this is an unsettling development:
Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui will make their Old Timers Day debuts on June 22.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) June 10, 2014
I am three and a half months older than Damon. I am 11 months older than Matsui And they are “old timers.” Sigh.
On the bright side, both of them have played recently enough to where the quality of the Old Timers Game is about to go up. Let’s see Don Larsen get that 84-year-old fastball by Godzilla!
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)