Jun 10, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Well this is an unsettling development:
Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui will make their Old Timers Day debuts on June 22.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) June 10, 2014
I am three and a half months older than Damon. I am 11 months older than Matsui And they are “old timers.” Sigh.
On the bright side, both of them have played recently enough to where the quality of the Old Timers Game is about to go up. Let’s see Don Larsen get that 84-year-old fastball by Godzilla!
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 48
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 20
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)