Jun 10, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Well this is an unsettling development:
Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui will make their Old Timers Day debuts on June 22.
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) June 10, 2014
I am three and a half months older than Damon. I am 11 months older than Matsui And they are “old timers.” Sigh.
On the bright side, both of them have played recently enough to where the quality of the Old Timers Game is about to go up. Let’s see Don Larsen get that 84-year-old fastball by Godzilla!
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)