Jun 11, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
Carlos Marmol, who’s pitching at Triple-A for the Reds affiliate, has been placed on the restricted list because he “left the club without permission.”
Marmol signed a minor-league contract with the Reds after being released by the Marlins, but was struggling with a 7.36 ERA and six walks in 3.2 innings for Louisville.
Considering the Reds’ minimal investment and Marmol’s recent ineptitude on the mound it seems odd that they wouldn’t just release him. He’s still just 31 years old, but Marmol’s career has gone off the rails in a hurry.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15