Jun 11, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Jim Saslibury of CSNPhilly.com has the story …
Cliff Lee has made a small, but positive, step in his recovery from a strained left elbow.
Lee made 35-40 tosses Wednesday in what he called “a light throwing” session. It was the first time he’d thrown since he made his last start May 18.
“He felt normal,” Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg told CSNPhilly.com following Wednesday’s short throwing workout. “There’s pretty much no sensation in there.”
Lee is on the disabled list currently with a strained flexor-pronator tendon in his left elbow.
If he makes it back before the July 31 trade deadline, he’ll be a prime candidate to be moved.
The 35-year-old southpaw is making $25 million this season and owed $25 million next season.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)