Jun 11, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Jim Saslibury of CSNPhilly.com has the story …
Cliff Lee has made a small, but positive, step in his recovery from a strained left elbow.
Lee made 35-40 tosses Wednesday in what he called “a light throwing” session. It was the first time he’d thrown since he made his last start May 18.
“He felt normal,” Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg told CSNPhilly.com following Wednesday’s short throwing workout. “There’s pretty much no sensation in there.”
Lee is on the disabled list currently with a strained flexor-pronator tendon in his left elbow.
If he makes it back before the July 31 trade deadline, he’ll be a prime candidate to be moved.
The 35-year-old southpaw is making $25 million this season and owed $25 million next season.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 31
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 18
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)