Jun 11, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Jim Saslibury of CSNPhilly.com has the story …
Cliff Lee has made a small, but positive, step in his recovery from a strained left elbow.
Lee made 35-40 tosses Wednesday in what he called “a light throwing” session. It was the first time he’d thrown since he made his last start May 18.
“He felt normal,” Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg told CSNPhilly.com following Wednesday’s short throwing workout. “There’s pretty much no sensation in there.”
Lee is on the disabled list currently with a strained flexor-pronator tendon in his left elbow.
If he makes it back before the July 31 trade deadline, he’ll be a prime candidate to be moved.
The 35-year-old southpaw is making $25 million this season and owed $25 million next season.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)