Jun 11, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Jim Saslibury of CSNPhilly.com has the story …
Cliff Lee has made a small, but positive, step in his recovery from a strained left elbow.
Lee made 35-40 tosses Wednesday in what he called “a light throwing” session. It was the first time he’d thrown since he made his last start May 18.
“He felt normal,” Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg told CSNPhilly.com following Wednesday’s short throwing workout. “There’s pretty much no sensation in there.”
Lee is on the disabled list currently with a strained flexor-pronator tendon in his left elbow.
If he makes it back before the July 31 trade deadline, he’ll be a prime candidate to be moved.
The 35-year-old southpaw is making $25 million this season and owed $25 million next season.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)