Jun 11, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Jim Saslibury of CSNPhilly.com has the story …
Cliff Lee has made a small, but positive, step in his recovery from a strained left elbow.
Lee made 35-40 tosses Wednesday in what he called “a light throwing” session. It was the first time he’d thrown since he made his last start May 18.
“He felt normal,” Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg told CSNPhilly.com following Wednesday’s short throwing workout. “There’s pretty much no sensation in there.”
Lee is on the disabled list currently with a strained flexor-pronator tendon in his left elbow.
If he makes it back before the July 31 trade deadline, he’ll be a prime candidate to be moved.
The 35-year-old southpaw is making $25 million this season and owed $25 million next season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)