Jun 11, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
All-Star managers John Farrell of the Red Sox and Mike Matheny of the Cardinals have picked the other managers to add to their coaching staffs for the game.
Farrell went with Indians manager (and former Red Sox manager) Terry Francona and Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, while Matheny tabbed Pirates manager Clint Hurdle and Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez. And then the Red Sox and Cardinals coaches will be joining them.
Gardenhire was an easy choice because the All-Star game is in Minnesota this year and the Twins aren’t exactly going to send a whole lot of their players as representatives. And Farrell was the pitching coach on Francona’s old staffs with the Red Sox.
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 46
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 98
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (98)