Jun 11, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
All-Star managers John Farrell of the Red Sox and Mike Matheny of the Cardinals have picked the other managers to add to their coaching staffs for the game.
Farrell went with Indians manager (and former Red Sox manager) Terry Francona and Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, while Matheny tabbed Pirates manager Clint Hurdle and Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez. And then the Red Sox and Cardinals coaches will be joining them.
Gardenhire was an easy choice because the All-Star game is in Minnesota this year and the Twins aren’t exactly going to send a whole lot of their players as representatives. And Farrell was the pitching coach on Francona’s old staffs with the Red Sox.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 2
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)