Jun 11, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
All-Star managers John Farrell of the Red Sox and Mike Matheny of the Cardinals have picked the other managers to add to their coaching staffs for the game.
Farrell went with Indians manager (and former Red Sox manager) Terry Francona and Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, while Matheny tabbed Pirates manager Clint Hurdle and Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez. And then the Red Sox and Cardinals coaches will be joining them.
Gardenhire was an easy choice because the All-Star game is in Minnesota this year and the Twins aren’t exactly going to send a whole lot of their players as representatives. And Farrell was the pitching coach on Francona’s old staffs with the Red Sox.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)