Jun 11, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
All-Star managers John Farrell of the Red Sox and Mike Matheny of the Cardinals have picked the other managers to add to their coaching staffs for the game.
Farrell went with Indians manager (and former Red Sox manager) Terry Francona and Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, while Matheny tabbed Pirates manager Clint Hurdle and Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez. And then the Red Sox and Cardinals coaches will be joining them.
Gardenhire was an easy choice because the All-Star game is in Minnesota this year and the Twins aren’t exactly going to send a whole lot of their players as representatives. And Farrell was the pitching coach on Francona’s old staffs with the Red Sox.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 17
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 86
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 98
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 95
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)