Jun 11, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
All-Star managers John Farrell of the Red Sox and Mike Matheny of the Cardinals have picked the other managers to add to their coaching staffs for the game.
Farrell went with Indians manager (and former Red Sox manager) Terry Francona and Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, while Matheny tabbed Pirates manager Clint Hurdle and Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez. And then the Red Sox and Cardinals coaches will be joining them.
Gardenhire was an easy choice because the All-Star game is in Minnesota this year and the Twins aren’t exactly going to send a whole lot of their players as representatives. And Farrell was the pitching coach on Francona’s old staffs with the Red Sox.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)