Jun 11, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Braves left fielder Justin Upton left last night’s game in Colorado with a left hamstring strain. He is day-to-day, telling Dave O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he might miss one or two games, but it’s still possible that he plays today. Must be one of those things you gotta sleep on.
The tweak must have occurred in the first inning, when Upton hit an infield single and scored. He didn’t play the field in the bottom of the inning.
Upton is hitting .295/.375/.553 with 14 homers and 36 RBIs on the season.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)