Jun 11, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Braves left fielder Justin Upton left last night’s game in Colorado with a left hamstring strain. He is day-to-day, telling Dave O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he might miss one or two games, but it’s still possible that he plays today. Must be one of those things you gotta sleep on.
The tweak must have occurred in the first inning, when Upton hit an infield single and scored. He didn’t play the field in the bottom of the inning.
Upton is hitting .295/.375/.553 with 14 homers and 36 RBIs on the season.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 73
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (76)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)