Jun 11, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Braves left fielder Justin Upton left last night’s game in Colorado with a left hamstring strain. He is day-to-day, telling Dave O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he might miss one or two games, but it’s still possible that he plays today. Must be one of those things you gotta sleep on.
The tweak must have occurred in the first inning, when Upton hit an infield single and scored. He didn’t play the field in the bottom of the inning.
Upton is hitting .295/.375/.553 with 14 homers and 36 RBIs on the season.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 298
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (302)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)