Jun 11, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Tanner Scheppers‘ nightmare season continues, as the Rangers right-hander is now headed back to the disabled list with elbow inflammation.
Scheppers was moved from the bullpen to the rotation as the Opening Day starter because the Rangers’ starters dropped like flies due to injuries, but he struggled and was placed on the DL with elbow problems.
He returned last week, this time as a reliever again, but made it just four appearances before being shut down. Scheppers has a 2.77 ERA in 114 career relief innings, so if he can get healthy he’d be a big part of the Rangers’ bullpen in the second half, but right now things aren’t looking so good.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 0
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 22
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 85
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (86)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)