Jun 11, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Tanner Scheppers‘ nightmare season continues, as the Rangers right-hander is now headed back to the disabled list with elbow inflammation.
Scheppers was moved from the bullpen to the rotation as the Opening Day starter because the Rangers’ starters dropped like flies due to injuries, but he struggled and was placed on the DL with elbow problems.
He returned last week, this time as a reliever again, but made it just four appearances before being shut down. Scheppers has a 2.77 ERA in 114 career relief innings, so if he can get healthy he’d be a big part of the Rangers’ bullpen in the second half, but right now things aren’t looking so good.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)