Jun 11, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Tanner Scheppers‘ nightmare season continues, as the Rangers right-hander is now headed back to the disabled list with elbow inflammation.
Scheppers was moved from the bullpen to the rotation as the Opening Day starter because the Rangers’ starters dropped like flies due to injuries, but he struggled and was placed on the DL with elbow problems.
He returned last week, this time as a reliever again, but made it just four appearances before being shut down. Scheppers has a 2.77 ERA in 114 career relief innings, so if he can get healthy he’d be a big part of the Rangers’ bullpen in the second half, but right now things aren’t looking so good.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 25
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (375)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)