Jun 11, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Tanner Scheppers‘ nightmare season continues, as the Rangers right-hander is now headed back to the disabled list with elbow inflammation.
Scheppers was moved from the bullpen to the rotation as the Opening Day starter because the Rangers’ starters dropped like flies due to injuries, but he struggled and was placed on the DL with elbow problems.
He returned last week, this time as a reliever again, but made it just four appearances before being shut down. Scheppers has a 2.77 ERA in 114 career relief innings, so if he can get healthy he’d be a big part of the Rangers’ bullpen in the second half, but right now things aren’t looking so good.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)