Jun 11, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
The Marlins beat the Rangers 8-5 last night. They also tied a record: it was their 13th consecutive interleague win, dating back to last season.
The other teams with 13-straight interleague wins? The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays. The kicker: they both did it in 2004. who both reached that mark in 2004. Not terribly shocking for the Yankees that year as they won 101 games. The Rays are a bit more surprising, however, as they were a 70-91 team.
The Fish can break the record today as they play the Rangers once again.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)