Jun 11, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
The Marlins beat the Rangers 8-5 last night. They also tied a record: it was their 13th consecutive interleague win, dating back to last season.
The other teams with 13-straight interleague wins? The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays. The kicker: they both did it in 2004. who both reached that mark in 2004. Not terribly shocking for the Yankees that year as they won 101 games. The Rays are a bit more surprising, however, as they were a 70-91 team.
The Fish can break the record today as they play the Rangers once again.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 26
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 84
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 15
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)