Jun 11, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
The Marlins beat the Rangers 8-5 last night. They also tied a record: it was their 13th consecutive interleague win, dating back to last season.
The other teams with 13-straight interleague wins? The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays. The kicker: they both did it in 2004. who both reached that mark in 2004. Not terribly shocking for the Yankees that year as they won 101 games. The Rays are a bit more surprising, however, as they were a 70-91 team.
The Fish can break the record today as they play the Rangers once again.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)