Jun 11, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
The Marlins beat the Rangers 8-5 last night. They also tied a record: it was their 13th consecutive interleague win, dating back to last season.
The other teams with 13-straight interleague wins? The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays. The kicker: they both did it in 2004. who both reached that mark in 2004. Not terribly shocking for the Yankees that year as they won 101 games. The Rays are a bit more surprising, however, as they were a 70-91 team.
The Fish can break the record today as they play the Rangers once again.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 5
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 53
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)