Jun 11, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
The Marlins beat the Rangers 8-5 last night. They also tied a record: it was their 13th consecutive interleague win, dating back to last season.
The other teams with 13-straight interleague wins? The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays. The kicker: they both did it in 2004. who both reached that mark in 2004. Not terribly shocking for the Yankees that year as they won 101 games. The Rays are a bit more surprising, however, as they were a 70-91 team.
The Fish can break the record today as they play the Rangers once again.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)